Pendraken's 2020 Releases!

For manufacturers to announce new model & figure releases. Members can post news of sales and bargains. No reviews.
CarlL

Re: Pendraken's 2020 Releases!

Post by CarlL »

Leon,
Keeping well thanks, hopefully you and all at Pendraken /Minibits are also well?
Yes, I am going to miss missing Battleground as I was very much looking forward to attending.
And now I live in north Yorkshire I am even nearer than my previous haunts!
I think your SCW booklet is one I would like to see in flesh before buying having used BKC1 & BKC2 for SCW previously. (And for VBCW too!)
CarlL
Leon Pendraken

Post by Leon Pendraken »

CarlL wrote: 02 Sep 2020, 14:41 Keeping well thanks, hopefully you and all at Pendraken /Minibits are also well?
Yes, I am going to miss missing Battleground as I was very much looking forward to attending.
And now I live in north Yorkshire I am even nearer than my previous haunts!
I think your SCW booklet is one I would like to see in flesh before buying having used BKC1 & BKC2 for SCW previously. (And for VBCW too!)
We're doing OK as well, just doing our best to work through these strange times like everyone else. We should have the printed versions of Libertad in a couple of weeks so not long to wait on that.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Leon Pendraken

Post by Leon Pendraken »

The printed copies of Libertad! have arrived and are now available on our website, at a bargain £6 for this 36 page supplement. Grab yours here: https://pendraken.co.uk/rules/blitzkrieg-commander/

www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Good news. Any reviews, or press releases, you can point us to Leon?
CarlL
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Leon,
Tried to order from Pendraken website and combine with item from minibits website but realised I could not do this! Is this possible?
CarlL
Leon Pendraken

Post by Leon Pendraken »

CarlL wrote: 29 Sep 2020, 22:18 Good news. Any reviews, or press releases, you can point us to Leon?
CarlL
There's a chap on YouTube who's done a review for it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRLS6wFOPxQ

The combined orders is possible but it's a bit complicated! If you put the Pendraken order through the Pendraken site as normal, that's the first bit done. Then put our Minibits order through but this time choose the 'Collect at Show/HQ' and then select 'Pendraken HQ' as your collection option. This will remove the postage charge on the 2nd order and I can get them combined at this end.
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Thanks Leon.

1. Order put in for paper copy of Libertad via Pendraken website, and a Red Vectors item via minibits; and emails via contact forms on each!!

2. Thanks for the link to "overview" his use of webcam photo shots of scenarios sold rules supplement to me!

3. Nothing personal, to Leon, or the guy on youtube doing review; but you cant really review a booklet about SCW and not know anything about it as this guy admits. So 10/10 honesty, 1/10 credibility to do a review. However his overview offers enough "sight" of the content to let you / me know if its worth buying.
And I would say yes based on
(a) it offers scenarios based on real events (those with knowledge of the conflict will have own views on validity of scenarios but without seeing them I cant offer my amateur opinion), but I like idea of attempting historical scenarios; (by the way great maps Mr Hyde);
(b) it offers army lists - both in scenarios and in points based system for pick up or competition gaming - so more varied and detailed attempt than previous BKC coverage of SCW, so well done authors [Mr Anderson & Mr Fry.... long time no see Mark!] again those with knowledge of the conflict will have own views on validity of scenario force lists or the more generic but also more specific faction based Army lists of these rule subset; without seeing them I cant offer my amateur opinion, but I like idea of attempting both scenario lists and faction based historical lists.
(c) the overview touches on rule additions or variations to standard BKC that try to reflect how military operations were commanded and what military improvisattions occurred, (again not seen the detail to comment if the authors have been successful) and I like this kind of effort even if some of it isnt "rocket science"!
if you watch the youtube overview - his style isnt everyones cup of tea but worth bearing with the overview till the end - you will see (hopefully) why I reached above conclusions!!
Cheers
CarlL
granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 16:13 you will see (hopefully) why I reached above conclusions!!
Cheers
CarlL
Carl, as a modeller, does it have any inspirational images I could use? :P

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!
Leon Pendraken

Post by Leon Pendraken »

CarlL wrote: 03 Oct 2020, 16:13 1. Order put in for paper copy of Libertad via Pendraken website, and a Red Vectors item via minibits; and emails via contact forms on each!!

2. Thanks for the link to "overview" his use of webcam photo shots of scenarios sold rules supplement to me!
Thanks for the order Carl, we'll get that out to you on Monday. Thanks for the feedback as well, the reviewer (Todd) is mainly a WWII guy and has done a series of videos for BKC in the past. He was interested in seeing what the supplement looked like (and also wanted to help promote it a bit) so asked if he could do a review of it for us.

We've had a proper SCW chap reviewing it as well and he was really happy with it, the only query was about conscripted vs actual strengths of Moroccan tabor units... He and one of the authors have been having a long discussion about it!
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Grant

Not seen it yet to answer that but the overview thats available through Leon's link will help; I am no expert although a keen amateur on SCW, and I noted some images I had not seen before.
Not sure if there any improvised kit you could model (or Leon at Penfraken in 10mm!!) thats not already out there as images, but Leon edited booklet so he may be able to say.

CarlL