new ww2 1/72 cold war gb releases from s&s models

For manufacturers to announce new model & figure releases. Members can post news of sales and bargains. No reviews.
sandsmodels

new ww2 1/72 cold war gb releases from s&s models

Post by sandsmodels »

so another year is upon us and i thought a cold war GB
set of new models might go down well with you all.
so we have released the following and are all now on the webshop and ready and waiting!
towed rapier aa,
conquerer tank,
a centurion arv mk2 conversion kit,
and 3 versions of the fv432 including a ptarmigan comms.

https://sandsmodels.com/product-categor ... DbSE2OOrvI
thanks
shaun
sandsmodelshop.com
Richard B.

Re: new ww2 1/72 cold war gb releases from s&s models

Post by Richard B. »

stunning stuff Shaun, the Rapier looks excellent :D :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy »

I got two sets of the Rapier and they are excellent ,they go together with no difficulty and you get the full package generator ,control etc ,that sets them apart, makes up a nice diorama,and really looks the part :D :D :D
granty101

Post by granty101 »

bannockburn bhoy wrote: 17 Jan 2020, 09:35 I got two sets of the Rapier and they are excellent
This is another plastic kit that Airfix have missed out on. (And I don't mean any disrespect to Shaun at S&S here). Airfix should have done a Rapier set when they took control of the old J&B moulds for the Forward Control Landrover!! This is another example of them 'missing the boat' just like they did with their proposed, but never released, WWI Rolls Royce armoured car!!

Well done Shaun for filling this much needed air defence gap ;)

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!
bannockburn bhoy

Airfix choices and have always been a bit suspect and some of the kits they have failed to bring out makes no sense :roll: . Like you say I thought them taking on the excellent JB range would have lead to a tranch of relevant releases..but alas not to be :cry:
granty101

Post by granty101 »

bannockburn bhoy wrote: 19 Jan 2020, 15:13 Airfix choices have always been a bit suspect and some of the kits they have failed to bring out makes no sense :roll: . Like you say I thought them taking on the excellent JB range would have lead to a tranch of relevant releases..but alas not to be :cry:
Aye John, Airfix seem to be just staying mainly, (in their 1/72nd - 1/76th scale range), with aircraft and not a lot of vehicles...but there is hope!! The 2020 Airfix catalogue has got (promised) a new tooling of an American Case tractor and towed road roller for airfield modellers and also a newly tooled Scammell R100 Artillery Tractor and Scammell R100 recovery vehicle. This last model is of particular interest to me, as it's what my late father was in charge of when he was a corporal in the REME in the early 1950's!!

Grant
sandsmodels

Post by sandsmodels »

granty101 wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 09:23
bannockburn bhoy wrote: 17 Jan 2020, 09:35 I got two sets of the Rapier and they are excellent
This is another plastic kit that Airfix have missed out on. (And I don't mean any disrespect to Shaun at S&S here). Airfix should have done a Rapier set when they took control of the old J&B moulds for the Forward Control Landrover!! This is another example of them 'missing the boat' just like they did with their proposed, but never released, WWI Rolls Royce armoured car!!

Well done Shaun for filling this much needed air defence gap ;)

Grant
i for one glad they did not make it :lol: :lol:
they have withdrawn a lot of the old jb stuff like the beford mk and 105mm gun.
the new sherman,tiger and scammells sound great.
we will have something new out soon for it to tow behind it ;)
sandsmodelshop.com
granty101

Post by granty101 »

sandsmodels wrote: 21 Jan 2020, 14:16
I for one am glad they did not make it :lol: :lol:
Airfix, (in my mind), have missed out on a lot of potential kits over the years that would have been useful to wargamers. :(

Grant
granty101

Post by granty101 »

John, any chance of posting some images when you get them built please? I'm thinking of buying a couple of sets so I can put them onto railway flat wagons behind some forward control Land Rover's, and having them as a convoy 'in transit' being shipped by rail.

Grant
bannockburn bhoy

Grant I have a ton of stuff to show but im afraid ive never got my head round how to do it... technophobe/lazy bstrd :oops: :roll: :oops: