Small Wars: New Perspectives on Wargaming Counter Insurgency on the Tabletop

For manufacturers to announce new model & figure releases. Members can post news of sales and bargains. No reviews.
sediment

Re: Small Wars: New Perspectives on Wargaming Counter Insurgency on the Tabletop

Post by sediment » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:29 am

Just ordered my copy yesterday, plus a copy of Contact, which I thought was out of print.

Cheers, Andy

CarlL

Re: Small Wars: New Perspectives on Wargaming Counter Insurgency on the Tabletop

Post by CarlL » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Have nearly finished converting French Foreign Legion Game to a Spanish Legion game set in Rif mountains and perhaps one to use as a Society game at a future Sotcw wargames show stand?

Must have a few practice runs first.....

Of course there is nothing wrong with using original game as it was, Granty has even volunteered to try out the must have Frech Beau Geste kepi and long blue coat for the game when I can find them!

CarlL

granty101

Post by granty101 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:06 pm

CarlL wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:04 pm
Good spot Hammurabi70

Sounds interesting and hitting many "countries" and across our epoch of interest.
£12.95 for 116 pages covering six war zones with "game" ideas looks a good deal. And solo play favourable.

I shall place an order.

CarlL
Didn't you spend enough of my carers allowance at York Carl?? ;)

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

granty101

Post by granty101 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:08 pm

CarlL wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:57 pm
Have nearly finished converting French Foreign Legion Game to a Spanish Legion game set in Rif mountains and perhaps one to use as a Society game at a future Sotcw wargames show stand?

Must have a few practice runs first.....

Of course there is nothing wrong with using original game as it was, Granty has even volunteered to try out the must have Frech Beau Geste kepi and long blue coat for the game when I can find them!

CarlL
I did!! I did!!! It must have been the beer taking!! :oops:

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

GregP

Post by GregP » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:38 pm

Looks very interesting, interested to hear some more reviews, had my fingers burnt by a few rule sets recently!!