BKC-IV Starter Armies released!

For manufacturers to announce new model & figure releases. Members can post news of sales and bargains. No reviews.
Leon Pendraken

BKC-IV Starter Armies released!

Post by Leon Pendraken » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:43 pm

After the release of Blitzkrieg Commander IV this past weekend, we've now got a selection of Starter army deals to get you going with your new rules!

All of these packs contain a standard set of contents:

1 x CO/HQ unit (5 figures)
6 x Infantry units (30 figures)
1 x Mortars unit (3 mortars with crews)
1 x MG unit (3 MG teams)
1 x AT unit (usually 2 guns with crews)
1 x Armoured Car unit
5 x Armour units
1 x Transport unit

These give a nice selection to get you started and playing some games, and you can then add on some extra units ready for bigger games, so some more command, larger artillery, maybe some Recce units, etc. Our initial release includes:

- American, Italy
- American, NW Europe
- British, BEF
- British, Africa
- British, NW Europe
- French
- German, Early
- German, Africa
- German, Italy
- German, Eastern Front
- German, NW Europe
- Italian, North Africa
- Polish
- Russian, Early
- Russian, Late

... all priced at £31.00, saving roughly 10% compared to buying the packs individually. These are all available on the website here: https://pendraken.co.uk/world-war-ii/bk ... ter-packs/ and we'll have them with us at the shows as well!

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!

CarlL

Re: BKC-IV Starter Armies released!

Post by CarlL » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:48 pm

Leon

I can say that your 10mm ranges are lovely having bought figures and vehicles from your WW2 ranges at the height of my "do I ditch 20mm and re-start in 10mm".

So your advertising your 10mm WW2 is a reminder of how the player with limited space or limited budget or mega game mania (ie fielding division instead of a btn) could get a lot of fun from your WW2 ranges (and others in the 20th and 21st century too).

Having got my copy of BKC4 (thank you for posting out these version3 replacements free of charge) there is much to inspire the WW2 gamer.

I am assuming that your use of units in advert above follows the convention (page 5 of BKC4) of one vehicle model representing:-
In company / battalion level game one model tank = one real tank = one games unit OR

in the regimental / divisional level game one model tank = one platoon of real tanks = one games unit.

So where your ad says 5 units of tanks we are talking 5 tank models, I assume.

Just dont want any potential customers to feel unit is more than one model.

CarlL

PS Having 10mm Russians, some 10mm Germans, and many 10mm Hungarians for WW2 Eastern Front games, I am thinking of getting them out and trying out rules (many of which will be familiar to BKC1 or BKC2 players). Who knows I may look for another army or two in 10mm that I havent got in 20mm.... Slovakians? Roumanians?

Leon Pendraken

Re: BKC-IV Starter Armies released!

Post by Leon Pendraken » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:29 am

CarlL wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:48 pm
I am assuming that your use of units in advert above follows the convention (page 5 of BKC4)

So where your ad says 5 units of tanks we are talking 5 tank models, I assume.

Just dont want any potential customers to feel unit is more than one model.
That's correct, there's a bit more info on the website about the actual contents so a command or infantry unit would be 5 figures per base/unit, vehicles would be a single model per base/unit, guns would be 1 or 2 per base/unit. You could probably spread some of the contents out to make more than one unit if you wanted, things like mortars can be done 3 per base or only 1 per base, depending on preference.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!