Anyscale Models Kickstarter

For manufacturers to announce new model & figure releases. Members can post news of sales and bargains. No reviews.
Seret

Anyscale Models Kickstarter

Post by Seret » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:39 pm

Interesting one from Anyscale Models, who I know a few people on here are fans of:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... s-vehicles

They're doing a Kickstarter to produce seven new resin moulds. 28mm scale and includes:
  • Sherman VC
  • Sherman M4A4
  • T17 Staghound
  • M4 Artillery Tractor
  • Ram II (the tank, not the kangaroo)
  • Waterline LVT A1 Amtrak
  • M15A1 Combination GMC
He's asking for less than £10 each, which is very good value. Could be just the ticket if you only want a couple of vehicles for something like What a Tanker.

Richard B.

Re: Anyscale Models Kickstarter

Post by Richard B. » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:57 pm

Nice company to deal with, good priced stuff which is very reasonable quality wise :D

Not a scale I`m interested in and I`m risk adverse when it comes to kick-starters :(
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

sediment

Post by sediment » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:31 pm

Great products but 28mm is way too giant for me. 20mm or 15mm and I'd be there already.

Cheers Andy

Seret

Post by Seret » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:35 pm

Richard B. wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:57 pm
Not a scale I`m interested in and I`m risk adverse when it comes to kick-starters :(
Fair enough. It's probably worth pointing out that backing a KS isn't a retail transaction. You aren't actually paying to get a specific model, you're backing a programme which may or may not result in that model.

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Seret wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:35 pm

Fair enough. It's probably worth pointing out that backing a KS isn't a retail transaction. You aren't actually paying to get a specific model, you're backing a programme which may or may not result in that model.
I was aware of what kick-starter means............
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

Seret

Post by Seret » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:34 am

I figured, but many people aren't.

cartfc

Post by cartfc » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:33 pm

Seret wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:34 am
I figured, but many people aren't.
Possibly, but I am guessing most folks will have heard of KS and crowd funding by now, unless they have been living deep in the Amazonian jungle for the last 5 years. Yes KS comes with a risk. I have backed quite a few now and have had no problems, although one of the first I backed the Winter War Finns and Russians from Baker Company had a number of dissatisfied customers I got everything I expected from it. I think he ran into problems by adding too many free stretch goals and ran out of money to buy the metal to cast them. Even big names have come a cropper too. The Dust Tactics KS left a lot of people unhappy and Battlefront the Flames of War guys were involved in that one. On the plus side it has brought to the market a number of unique ranges that might not have seen the light of day without it. It has the advantage of guaranteeing the manufacturer will cover the costs of sculpts and moulds up front and enables them to put a complete range into production at once. All too often I have seen promising new ranges fail when a few packs have been released and the full range never gets produced as it doesn‘t sell well, but it doesn’t sell as customers can’t get all they need to make a usable force, a classic Catch 22. I have subbed for one of his previous KS and everything went smoothly, so I am sure this one will go well too.

Cheers Fred.