What`s everyone working on?

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
MrCreak

Re: What`s everyone working on?

Post by MrCreak » 24 Jun 2019, 21:48

Trying to find the box with the remaining bits (or maybe just the bits because I have a habit of chucking kit boxes out when I start a model) for my 1/700 Tarantul & Osa FACs.
I've just bought and printed the PDF for Bulldogs Away[1] and it looks to be a pretty good game.
I've got two Nanuchkas and some 1/300 resin sci-fi ships (Old Crow - apparently no longer in production) that I can add 1/700 weapons to to give me a pair of gun-armed FACs and 1 catamaran helicopter carrier. Maybe need to reduce the window sizes to make those look more 1/700 but the two FACs are about 1/700 Nanuchka-sized (although far less deck space for weapons) and the catamaran has room for maybe 4 or 5 helicopters on the flight deck and space for a couple of CIWS and a SAM launcher on the superstructure.
Had several read-throughs of the rules and they look to give a quick game that's not too complicated (still can't work out why Sea Sparrow isn't included in the SAM tables though).
Those and the modified (updated) Mogador[2] should be sufficient for several scenarios.

1 I had the first edition but 2nd edition just came out and was at a reduced price for buyers of the prior version.
2 The ship classification is quite simple and does (sort of) cater for vessels up to destroyer[3] size. Although the gun tables don't quite go up to the 5.4" (139mm) of the Mog. Maybe some tweaking required. Forward turret only retained and the others replaced with a Crotale SAM system (B turret), an OTO Melara automatic 76mm (Y turret) and yet-TBD for the X turret. Oh, and some Exocet containers instead of the multiple torpedo tubes.
3 Well when I say "destroyer sized" I discovered when attempting to kit-bash a Mogador some years ago (before I finally found that someone made one in resin) that it's rather larger than most destroyers: my base kit was going to be a Japanese 1/700 cruiser and I found that it still needed the hull extending by 1/4 of an inch!

dadlamassu

Post by dadlamassu » 26 Jun 2019, 21:29

A nice video of the worlds largest wargame (Waterloo lat weekend) (I am in it!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTlDWIYPDlg

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 27 Jun 2019, 07:17

dadlamassu wrote:
26 Jun 2019, 21:29
A nice video of the worlds largest wargame (Waterloo lat weekend) (I am in it!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTlDWIYPDlg
watched this yesterday - dead jealous :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

Gary

Post by Gary » 27 Jun 2019, 13:13

Too warm for painting so dug out some Red Vector mdf and GCMinis laser cut foamboard buildings.
These have been in the pile for some years.......floated to the top as I searched for a lost tray of 1/72 Nona SPG's and some vehicle parts left over from another project.........

"The man who has no sense of history, is like a man who has no ears or eyes"

"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die."

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 27 Jun 2019, 18:16

28mm madness :D

Laurel & Hardy by Black Hat Miniatures
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

cartfc

Post by cartfc » 28 Jun 2019, 19:29

Nice one Richard. Another fine you mess you have gotten us into! Lol!

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 28 Jun 2019, 21:08

:D :D :D :D :D

I didn`t think the other figures I finished were suitable SOTCW fair :D

UshCha

Post by UshCha » 03 Jul 2019, 16:14

New better stands for my backdrops. New 3D print design, longer and capable of taking overlaps so its more flexible in changing the lengths. It will have a new clip for the top so they look even better. Nothing like a few bacdrops in the middle of a 1/144 board to make life a tactical nighmare.