What`s on the work bench?

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
NTM

Re: What`s on the work bench?

Post by NTM » 27 Sep 2018, 14:37

I'm painting a 15mm Marder I based on this image.

Should be finished by the weekend.

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 27 Sep 2018, 14:42

NTM wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 14:37
I'm painting a 15mm Marder I based on this image.

Should be finished by the weekend.
I have a 20mm version on the way from EWM for 334 Schnelle Abteilung in Tunisia :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

NTM

Post by NTM » 27 Sep 2018, 15:13

I was debating between doing this one for Tunisia or Normandy. Decided on the latter as I have a PSC Marder in the queue for Tunisia.

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 27 Sep 2018, 15:27

This will be my 3rd different one for Tunisia :)

A Marder III (Sdkfz 139) with the Russian 76mm for 10th Panzer

A Marder III (ausf H) with pak40 for 21st Panzer

And now the Marder I for 334 Schnelle Abteilung :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

cartfc

Post by cartfc » 30 Sep 2018, 10:15

Normandy German pioneers, early war Germans in greatcoats and some late war British. Vehicles some Panzer IV’s and 251’s for Normandy and some Dingo’s and Daimler A/C’s - Inns of Court to go with my 11th Armoured force. All in 28mm.

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 30 Sep 2018, 11:15

cartfc wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 10:15
Normandy German pioneers, early war Germans in greatcoats and some late war British. Vehicles some Panzer IV’s and 251’s for Normandy and some Dingo’s and Daimler A/C’s - Inns of Court to go with my 11th Armoured force. All in 28mm.
impressive, i look forward to seeing them :)

Finished all my Panzers, so I`m now sorting our a few bits for our Mexican Revolution games - some more cavalry plus some civilians :D

cartfc

Post by cartfc » 30 Sep 2018, 11:37

Nice one Richard. The film starring a rare appearance of a hirsuit Yul Brynner as Pancho Villa is one of my favourites. There were some films made where Pancho Villa starred as himself. I don’t know if they are still around.

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » 30 Sep 2018, 11:57

cartfc wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 11:37
Nice one Richard. The film starring a rare appearance of a hirsuit Yul Brynner as Pancho Villa is one of my favourites. There were some films made where Pancho Villa starred as himself. I don’t know if they are still around.
Robert Mitchum was the co-star of that movie (the pilot) and Charles Bronson too :)

Mitchum made a few Revolution era movies "Bandito" where he played a gun-runner is one of my favourites

Terry Savalas also played Villa in a movie

Antonio Banderas recently re-made those films you refer too "Pancho Villa as Himself", I want them for Christmas off the family, but also have to order the 4th and 5th volumes of Janssen`s histories of the conflict, so I may have to buy them for myself :D

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy » 02 Oct 2018, 14:56

Gary wrote:
27 Sep 2018, 13:10
Dorfbewohner.....

Crap loads on the work bench, just received a couple of boats from Sgts Mess Minis, a sail boat and a dinky Soviet patrol boat along with a very nice British armoured car, Morris iirc! Very detailed little car, easy to assemble, 5 wheels,body and turret -all with positioning lugs, colour me impressed!
I have an ASPB (armored support patrol boat) for my Vietnam riverine, unknown make as it came via Evilbay, suffered some damage so got some replacement machine guns from Sgts Mess too......they had a sale!!t
I seem to have misplaced 2 Nona SPG's somewhere over the summer too.....started with 5 now down to 3, complete mystery!!
Another EBay win was a diecast M1 Abrams with mine plough....glued the plough back on and the mg's back on top......
Now the weather has cooled i can get back to tackling the pile.............might need some steps.
That hot weather to contend with what a bummer,i truly feel for you Gringo :roll: be lucky John

MrCreak

Post by MrCreak » 02 Oct 2018, 15:42

Got my Butlers Printed Models AMX VTTs to paint up and add stowage to, and seriously contemplating lashing out fifteen quid for one of these:
(Oops, nearly forgot. That's from here https://www.printedplanes.com/shop/tige ... y=Missiles - other missiles and stuff available).
Again, a nice addition to a less-than-superpower nation.
Possibly (depending on how it's constructed) it could be left so that the upper part (with missiles) could be fitted onto a Comet or Centurion hull (as a local mod).
I do know that there was a proposal to the British army for a (shortened - by one road wheel I think) Centurion with Tigercat as an SP SAM system. I think there was a pic in Tony Buttler's British Secret Projects book Hypersonics, Ramjets and Missiles.
Oh, and if anyone has any decent drawings (preferably 3-view with a scale or sizes marked) of the Green Archer radar then I'd appreciate it (I managed to buy a 3d printer...)