activity

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
Rumblestrip

Re: activity

Post by Rumblestrip »

granty101 wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 18:57
Rumblestrip wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 16:46 I would appreciate an explanation of an alternative view.

Cheers
Andrew
Andrew,

The article wasn't sent in for it to be edited half way through. It was sent it to get a bit of feedback...that's all!!
And that's what it got.
granty101 wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 18:57 ...you are coming over as a 'doom and gloom' merchant on this forum...so cheer the feck up!!!

Grant
Aah...there's the incisive intervention that makes the difference! If only I'd known that before...

Well, on the basis that the preference is for happy clappy good cheer then, in the words of Dragon's Den, I'm out!

Bye

Andrew
¡Vencerán…pero no convencerán!
granty101

Post by granty101 »

Rumblestrip wrote: 25 Jul 2018, 09:19
Well, on the basis that the preference is for happy clappy good cheer then, in the words of Dragon's Den, I'm out!

Bye

Andrew
So I take it you won't be coming online to try and promote your books anymore??? :|

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!
Rumblestrip

Post by Rumblestrip »

granty101 wrote: 25 Jul 2018, 15:45
Rumblestrip wrote: 25 Jul 2018, 09:19

Bye

Andrew
So I take it you won't be coming online to try and promote your books anymore??? :|

Grant
Happy to withdraw the 30% discount.

Oops bit negative...er...stay positive. It'll all get better.

Now I really must be off. I've got cats to strangle and other more productive things to do.

PS also happy to delete all posts of mine relating to my massive authorial output (two books) and you are correct, I will not be notifying members if I produce a third book or similar. Nor offering any discount.
¡Vencerán…pero no convencerán!
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

I see its all got heated and negative! I am not a saint at being positive, but being positive (or not) is a personal choice rather than intended as my mud to sling as a form of personal abuse.

I think positive input is well illustrated by articles in Journal and other voluntary contributions, (editors work, events organised, contributions to the forum). But it happens in other ways by model makers, figure makers, rules and book writers putting their time into and skill into efforts to support our hobby, without knowing if their efforts will be appreciated or supported by cash sales. These are all positive contributions and the unique nature of our hobby, and the Sotcw participation in this hobby.

I have been positive by supporting such efforts with praise, (on forum) and in cash, whether its supporting S&S lovely modelling efforts or Rumblestrip's beautiful booklets, (and pdfs) "Grey Steel, Red Storm" and "Barbarossa, Kicking in the door" .. that Rumblestrip produced / authored (sorry, should be Andrew, as I know Richard B prefers personal names, using Rumblestrip wasnt intended to be a slight).

I would be sorry to see Rumblestrip withdrawing his many positive contributions. I will probably continue to de-cry negativity. I think identifying a problem and inviting solutions isnt a negativity. But contributions that simply suggest abandonment of what is working seem to me negative and only creating despair or self-fulfilling prophecy of us all giving up as we see no point in further efforts.

Lets keep positive. Lets not get angry or nasty with each other. There is much to be proud of in our Sotcw and its contributions to our hobby.

Carl possibly too sugary but hopefully being positive
granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote: 25 Jul 2018, 18:52 But contributions that simply suggest abandonment of what is working seem to me negative and only creating despair or self-fulfilling prophecy of us all giving up as we see no point in further efforts.

Lets keep positive. Lets not get angry or nasty with each other. There is much to be proud of in our Sotcw and its contributions to our hobby.

Carl possibly too sugary but hopefully being positive
Carl, you are always positive bonny lad ;)

Grant
granty101

Post by granty101 »

Rumblestrip wrote: 25 Jul 2018, 16:46

Happy to withdraw the 30% discount.

Oops bit negative...er...stay positive. It'll all get better.

Now I really must be off. I've got cats to strangle and other more productive things to do.

PS also happy to delete all posts of mine relating to my massive authorial output (two books) and you are correct, I will not be notifying members if I produce a third book or similar. Nor offering any discount.
And there's the toys coming out of the pram!! :lol:

Grant
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Grant

Thats not positive!

Despite my enjoying your humour, on this occasion I think this isnt funny or helpful. I was nearly going to be more negative but I will shut up...

Carl being wicked,
granty101

Post by granty101 »

CarlL wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 23:47 Grant

Thats not positive!

Despite my enjoying your humour, on this occasion I think this isnt funny or helpful. I was nearly going to be more negative but I will shut up...

Carl being wicked,
Carl, I have always liked your honesty, so please keep telling it as you see it bonny lad. I am not offended that you have given me a virtual slap on the wrist, and I'm not going to fall out with you, or anyone else for that matter, for doing it. I give it, so I must take it. C'est la vie

Grant
bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy »

As we all know ,things have not been going well ,perhaps an understatement . I put this post on here to try to draw out what was the actual consensus of opinion ,perhaps with a view to trying to have one more go at reviving things to a better level and with a less doomsday like atmosphere.
I had intended to try and coax the main men into not giving up on the society just yet. Probably kidding myself on there but there it is. One way or another we need to know.
What I didn't expect was to lose one of the main players ,Andrew might have been leaning towards packing it in anyway, but his loss is a major blow. Probably a lethal one.
I want to thank him for the major contribution he has made both in terms of quantity and most certainly quality. He has been outstanding.
And while im the last person to interfere with members right to put their point ,especially given the fact that on occasion I have given one or two character references myself.(to complete fkn bawbags) I feel compelled to say CarlL that this was poorly done. Especially throwing his books in his face ,let yourself down there bonnie lad. John
granty101

Post by granty101 »

bannockburn bhoy wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 16:31 I feel compelled to say CarlL that this was poorly done. Especially throwing his books in his face ,let yourself down there bonnie lad. John
John, I must defend Carl here, and say it was me who 'antagonised' Andrew, and not Carl.

Henceforth, I will not be contributing to this forum or the SOTCW in general anymore. :cry:

Grant