Anyone else having difficulty with Paypal?

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
dadlamassu

Anyone else having difficulty with Paypal?

Post by dadlamassu »

In October I tried to order model soldiers from Blacktree design. I have have done this regularly over the years without any difficulty using Paypal. On 10 October I made up the order taking advantage of the sale - and got a message from paypal to say that the payment was withheld "pending validation". Blacktree design were also informed. I then got a message saying the payment was now valid and had been made. I checked my account after a couple of weeks and is showed "unpaid". So I contacted Blacktree customer services and a John answered and took on my case. He called Paypal who said yes the payment had been cleared but for some reason Blacktree had not received it. This was sorted out.

Last night I placed a second order. And the same thing happened - a message from Paypal to the transaction was "pending validation"

Text - PayPal is required to review certain transactions in order to minimise risk for us or our customers. The payment you sent is currently being reviewed and we will complete this process within 72 hours. This review involves this transaction only and does not affect the use of your PayPal account.

Please be aware that 28mm metal soldiers appear to be some sort of threat that need special verification. So if you need your model soldiers be aware that Paypal may impose a seemingly arbitrary delay.

Before anyone says "Why not complain to paypal". I tried twice once by phone and once using their "Help" page. There was no answer to the phone call it just rang out. Then after completing the process on the website I clicked "submit" and nothing happened.

If you are having difficulty with your suppliers it may not be their fault!
Seret

Re: Anyone else having difficulty with Paypal?

Post by Seret »

Out of interest, what exactly did you order? I've heard recently of arbitrary delays due to buying things with the word "Persian" in them. They get flagged by an automated system for inspection to make sure the goods aren't subject to trade sanctions against Iran. Could be something similar?

Black Tree have responded by changing the name to "Purrsians", which is bloody silly, but as they say "if it's stupid and works it ain't stupid".
Ian Shaw

Post by Ian Shaw »

Alan, never had the phone ring out, but have on occasion had to make 4 or more calls to get anything done. Call centre is one of these :- Mannila, totally useless, seem to have very little English, Dublin - blarney only, no help, and Middlesbrough ? where they don't understand either their own company polices and or simple level British banking regulations. They did once block one of may payments, 2 hrs on phone, getting louder and louder, and much ruder as it went along got the right result. Frankly I use the system cause I have too, not cause it's any good.....
Anything bigger than 6 is TOOOO big.
dadlamassu

Post by dadlamassu »

The ringing out was because I used an old number - I should have checked.

Yes I was ordering "Persians", archers and slingers. I also think that the problem may lie in that Blacktree Deasign appear to have their finance and customer helpline in a base in the USA which complicates things.

My previous involvement with Paypal helpline (the old number) was very positive. Pity standards have slipped.
bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy »

Hi Alan I had a similar problem with paypal recently over a couple of orders. I have a specific bank account that I only use for online purchases ,so I top it up accordingly. I had funds in my paypal account ,and made an order ,however they tried to take the funds from the bank in the first instance ,and not the paypal account. There was insufficient funds in the bank to cover it ,and I had to go through all the ensuing palaver to sort it out. When I eventually managed to get a reply from them ,they wouldn't have it that they were wrong ,even the supervisor. I eventually told them exactly my position on the matter. The other instance was the same as yours ,still don't know what the problem was, money was there etc. Service delivery standards by paypal on the way down IMHO. cheers John
dadlamassu

Post by dadlamassu »

I got a message yesterday that Paypal had "validated" my purchase. I forwarded it to Blacktree just in case Paypal did not.