I had a quiet afternoon

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
cartfc

Re: I had a quiet afternoon

Post by cartfc »

dadlamassu wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 18:38
So I settled down with a mug filled with chicken noodle soup and flicked through the channels and watched:
"How Went the Day" followed by "Sink the Bismark"
Do you mean “Went the Day Well”? The story of a bunch of psychopathic villagers who rumble, then do over some disguised German troops. The scene where the old lady blinds a German by throwing pepper in his face then brains him with a hatchet she used for chopping wood sticks in my memory.

dadlamassu

Post by dadlamassu »

cartfc wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 19:25
dadlamassu wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 18:38
So I settled down with a mug filled with chicken noodle soup and flicked through the channels and watched:
"How Went the Day" followed by "Sink the Bismark"
Do you mean “Went the Day Well”? The story of a bunch of psychopathic villagers who rumble, then do over some disguised German troops. The scene where the old lady blinds a German by throwing pepper in his face then brains him with a hatchet she used for chopping wood sticks in my memory.
That's the one! The second toddy while watching must have been powerfull!
I thought that they were just the typical inhabitants of the south of England - SWMBO watches Midsomer Murders. The inhabitants there appear to be the grandchildren of those in Bramley End (or wherever it was).

panzerman47

Post by panzerman47 »

All excellent films, I grew up with them watching with my father on a Sunday afternoon bless him.

When you typed “How went the day” did you mean “Went the day well?” I am also guilty of the hot toddy syndrome so I could equally be wrong!

I watched that a few weeks back, never seen it before, all these years and I missed it!

granty101

Post by granty101 »

panzerman47 wrote:
03 Mar 2018, 21:54
Went the day well.

I watched that a few weeks back, never seen it before, all these years and I missed it!
It's an absolute classic of British wartime propaganda...everyone should be made to watch it!!!

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

granty101

Post by granty101 »

Richard B. wrote:
02 Mar 2018, 18:46

We are of course opened and spent the day refunding deposits from whinny bitches who were "forced" to cancel thier booking due to snow (
I managed to get to work OK, but we did have some newspaper deliveries that didn't turn up on Thursday, and the lad who delivers up to Berwick got stuck there for 36 hours!! :shock:

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!