What's on your workbench?

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
David Reasoner

What's on your workbench?

Post by David Reasoner »

Last weekend another care package arrived from Bill Krieg, this time containing 3 Milicast SdKfz.251/1 (2 Ausf C and 1 Ausf D), a pair of Zvezda 2cm Flak38 (1 assembled and 1 bagged parts), 3 Raventhorpe German motorcycles and crews (2 combos with sidecar, 1 solo), and a couple of panzer crewmen figures.

The halftracks needed little work other than repairing broken MG barrels (drilled and pinned with fine copper wire) and paint touch up on the wheels and running gear. Here they are awaiting decals, which I've yet to print. The Flak38 had a few missing parts and missing or broken gun barrels. The barrels were replaced with brass wire, with flash hiders made from stretched sprue, and replacements were scratchbuilt for the missing detail parts. I had to make up a seated gunner figure for one of them, a real Frankenstein creation using bits from various Hasegawa and ESCI hard plastic figures in the bits box. The same bits box also provided the parts to make up 4 of the standing crew and command figures shown here, along with the SMG figure from the Airfix German Recon Set and the other original Zvezda gunner. With a bit of paint the 6 figures and 2 guns will make up a complete Light Flak Battery for my early-to-mid-war Germans for Command Decision.

Since 1 January, I've managed to build and paint the 7 terrain pieces for the sawmill previously posted on this forum, 8 assorted artillery pieces (3 U.S. M3 37mm AT guns, 3 U.S. M1 75mm pack howitzers for my USMC in the Pacific, 1 HaT 75mm Mle.1897 field gun and 1 old Richard Houston 47mm SA Mle.1937 AT gun for my French Tunisian forces), and paint 88 figures (61 assorted mid-war U.S. infantry and gunners including an entire light AA auto weapons battery, 17 assorted French gunners and engineers for Tunisia, and 10 DAK infantry received from Bill). By my usual standards, an extraordinarily productive 2 months.

David
Richard B.

Re: What's on your workbench?

Post by Richard B. »

David Reasoner wrote: 26 Feb 2021, 23:31
Since 1 January, I've managed to build and paint the 7 terrain pieces for the sawmill previously posted on this forum, 8 assorted artillery pieces (3 U.S. M3 37mm AT guns, 3 U.S. M1 75mm pack howitzers for my USMC in the Pacific, 1 HaT 75mm Mle.1897 field gun and 1 old Richard Houston 47mm SA Mle.1937 AT gun for my French Tunisian forces), and paint 88 figures (61 assorted mid-war U.S. infantry and gunners including an entire light AA auto weapons battery, 17 assorted French gunners and engineers for Tunisia, and 10 DAK infantry received from Bill). By my usual standards, an extraordinarily productive 2 months.

David
That is great going David, I`m glad to hear the mojo has recovered somewhat :D

Thank you for posting
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
billk

Post by billk »

You're on a roll!
Thanks for sharing the WIP pics.
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Sounds like a small army you have finished so far this year, David.

And I love that sawmill. Had me looking for parts to do similar for my Eastern Front games.....

Well done.

CarlL
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Thanks guys! After a late night painting session the standing figures for the battery are now painted and ready to have bases flocked, and the guns are base coated with Humbrol 67 Tank Grey. Next will be a heavy dry brush with a lighter shade of grey and then detail painting.

David