Very quiet here??

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
granty101

Re: Very quiet here??

Post by granty101 »

Work and elderly parent duties here...lost the mojo a bit as well, but on reading about British Armour from 1945 to 1970, so (hopefully) a book review getting done soon.

Still researching for more website articles...have done one, but as it's Part 1 of 2, I haven't sent it to Russ yet...but working on other things as well.

No modelling done, as lack of shows has killed that mojo, but hoping 2021 brings an 'opening up' of Covid-19 restrictions.

I have been dabbling in the kitchen making chutney's and relishes, but I think these ideas should be sent to the BBC Good Food website!! :lol:

Grant

P.S. Alan (Hamilton), I'd love to see your research on the Volkstrum. Could you maybe do it as an article for the website please?
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!
dadlamassu

Post by dadlamassu »

granty101 wrote: 18 Dec 2020, 14:35 P.S. Alan (Hamilton), I'd love to see your research on the Volkstrum. Could you maybe do it as an article for the website please?
Maybe, but I used to get the satisfaction from seeing my stuff for members only in print after dropping through the letterbox. I'm afraid website stuff just not inspire the same. If I do it for a website I'll probably put on our club website once we open up again. That said I have a lot of writing just now on my (local) Roman stuff for the community newsletter - yes it is still hard copy!
granty101

Post by granty101 »

dadlamassu wrote: 18 Dec 2020, 14:45
Maybe, but I used to get the satisfaction from seeing my stuff for members only in print after dropping through the letterbox.
I know what you mean Alan...I miss that too :(

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!
Mainly28s

Post by Mainly28s »

Currently working on a Bolt Action US army for Italy '43, if that counts. and a 1/48th Ju 188.
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Mainly28s wrote: 18 Dec 2020, 20:53 Currently working on a Bolt Action US army for Italy '43, if that counts. and a 1/48th Ju 188.
Well would like to see pictures of your efforts :D They may inspire someone else` work. :ugeek:
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
Mainly28s

Post by Mainly28s »

I'll take a few pictures as I go. My last three Bolt Action armies have been in the lockdowns- I posted pictures in the Isolation Painting Challenge FaceBook group as Olaf Meys.
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Thats some link Mainly28s !! Loads of varied photos / eye candy, but I had to resort to a search (for Olaf Meys!) to find your lovely Heer squad, for late war I presume from uniform and weapons. Cool link, lovely paint work. CarlL
UshCha

Post by UshCha »

OK OK So i've been naughty. Instead of Moderns I have been doing Ancients. A friend is single, alone and no job,so is lonely. Before Tier 3 we met in an outhouse with a 5ft by 4ft board. Too small for 20mm Moderns like we want to play so its been ancients. So 3D printing Triremes, no use here, but also a DBM roman fort, walls and gatehouse, sized for about 15mm DBM. However it could be used as an ancient monument etc. for 12mm WW2; the bad guy always holes up in a ancient fort/castle.
UshCha

Post by UshCha »

img https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/Ma ... /i-LsPfT5V /img

img https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/Ma ... /i-P87dhBp /img

The figures are "15mm"; figures are about 17mm head to toe and being old on a thick (1.5mm) base and being horrid metal have a metal base as well.

In theory it could be scaled upfor larger figure sizes, however while at the original scale, black lining for detail is the only credible option, for larger scales the CADDS models may not have the detail for larger scales.

What is your best "modern scenario" idea for it? The only constraint is no side should be less than a platoon, I don't do snmall scale skirmish.
UshCha

Post by UshCha »

Bogged up of course, links failed.

These should work