Who's still writiing/reseraching??

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
CarlL

Re: Who's still writiing/reseraching??

Post by CarlL »

hammurabi70,

I am not against making someting available on likes of WV (where I think past Sotcw Journals were available).
I am wanting to avoid any additional costs, so I presume WV want paying to sell goodies?

I am not advocating producing a goodie for sale rather I am advocating trying to create something of interest to former SOTCW members and others who may be interested in 20th and 21st century history and associated gaming and modelling.

see post elsewhere that continues discussion about costs and ideas in response to Grants other post on this subject.

CarlL
granty101

Post by granty101 »

hammurabi70 wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 22:14 Agreed that the way ahead, if there is one, is some form of ANNUAL available through WV.
Are you proposing an Annual available only on the web, or as both in printed and web based versions?

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!
Russell Phillips

Post by Russell Phillips »

CarlL wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 07:39 I am wanting to avoid any additional costs, so I presume WV want paying to sell goodies?
I'm not getting generally involved in this discussion, but to answer this question: No. They take a cut from any copies that are sold. There aren't any up-front costs.
Military history author and SOTCW Treasurer
hammurabi70

Post by hammurabi70 »

granty101 wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 10:15
hammurabi70 wrote: 04 Sep 2020, 22:14 Agreed that the way ahead, if there is one, is some form of ANNUAL available through WV.
Are you proposing an Annual available only on the web, or as both in printed and web based versions?

Grant
I was thinking of a printed copy to be obtained from Wargamers Vault.
If you are such a great writer make me want to logon and respond! [Adapted]
Minimetalmayhem

Post by Minimetalmayhem »

I have a book review that I hope to send in soon!
granty101

Post by granty101 »

Minimetalmayhem wrote: 30 Sep 2020, 08:35 I have a book review that I hope to send in soon!
Get it sent in bonny lad :D
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!