saludos desde España

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
Richard B.

saludos desde España

Post by Richard B. »

Well that is that, we drove down through Spain Tuesday and arrived here at about 9pm and I am now officially retired :D

still in the process of unloading the van, and we are buried in boxes, but the sun shines and the pool glistens a lovely shade of blue and the cicadas chirp in the trees :D :D :D :D :D

It may be a while before I get back into modelling/painting, but it will happen ;)

I hope to get back to writing and posting here soon

Richard
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
CarlL

Re: saludos desde España

Post by CarlL »

Richard,
it is like a cliff hanger ending to series 1, leaving us all green with envy as you mention sunshine and a nice pool as we (in UK) look out on rain and stormy winds!! And angry seas!!
Enjoy retirement. "Live long and prosper" And may your dice roll well.
Adiós por ahora, pero espero que no sea un adiós para siempre en los juegos de guerra y las conversaciones en el foro.

CarlL
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Very kind Carl - thanks :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
hammurabi70

Post by hammurabi70 »

Congratulations on traversing Europe during the pandemic; one imagines it is not an easy journey.
If you are such a great writer make me want to logon and respond! [Adapted]
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

hammurabi70 wrote: 27 Aug 2020, 21:52 Congratulations on traversing Europe during the pandemic; one imagines it is not an easy journey.
Honestly I felt safer on the boat and crossing Spain then I did walking through Swansea last week :D
granty101

Post by granty101 »

Enjoy your retirement Richard, for what you did to keep the SOTCW afloat, your deserve it!!

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

granty101 wrote: 28 Aug 2020, 12:52 Enjoy your retirement Richard, for what you did to keep the SOTCW afloat, your deserve it!!

Grant
Thanks Grant, I plan to post more and write a bit once we are settled :D
dadlamassu

Post by dadlamassu »

Welcome to club of Retired Gentlemen! I hope you have as much fun retired as I do - walking the dog, playing games (not just wargames), reading, writing, listening to music (my own choice now the kids have moved out), painting and so much more. Even a bit of gardening and volunteering. I sometimes wonder where I found time to work.

Have fun and try not to gloat (too much).
ianrs54

Post by ianrs54 »

I retired and promtly got a job :D
Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

dadlamassu wrote: 30 Aug 2020, 13:37 Welcome to club of Retired Gentlemen! I hope you have as much fun retired as I do - walking the dog, playing games (not just wargames), reading, writing, listening to music (my own choice now the kids have moved out), painting and so much more. Even a bit of gardening and volunteering. I sometimes wonder where I found time to work.

Have fun and try not to gloat (too much).
Alan, how nice to hear from you - I have missed our chats :D

It will take a while to organise ourselves, but we will get there :)