What`s everyone up too?

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
Mainly28s

Re: What`s everyone up too?

Post by Mainly28s » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Woohoo! We exchanged today, and we're moving on the 28th. That means I can (hopefully) get back to gaming and game-related activities in the not-too-distant future.
I've been messing about with my homebrew rules, but not had any real gaming in ages.

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:47 pm

Mainly28s wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:34 pm
Woohoo! We exchanged today, and we're moving on the 28th. That means I can (hopefully) get back to gaming and game-related activities in the not-too-distant future.
I've been messing about with my homebrew rules, but not had any real gaming in ages.
Great news, all the best with the move :D
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:36 pm

Well done ,always a bit of a nightmare ,mission control worked out that we have moved house thirteen times over the years, happy gaming ,and good luck in your new home . cheers John :)

Peter

Post by Peter » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:52 pm

Beside building the new sets I got around Xmas, I've giving myself a huge job.
As you know I don't paint the figures of the sets, only the heavy weapons and the vehicles.
Some time ago (on the old forum) one of you gave me the hint/idea to paint at least all the figures of a country in the same color.
For example grey for Germans, brown for UK troops, green for US troops etc..
I started that, but not for all the figures. Only the sets in "weird" colors compaired to the rest of that country, for example sets coming in blue plastic or sets in (dark) brown that are ment as desert troops. The desert troops will be in some sort of yellow just like most sets are.
Because I have to go through all the boxes with figures I also started (to try) to paint things like LMG's, HMG's, Panzefaust/-shreck, and so on.
It's all together a huge job, but it's keeping me busy.

In between that paint job I'm building the new vehicles/tanks. Pictures will come as soon as possible.

Cheers,
Peter
"See problems as challenges"
"I've done so much with so little for so long, I'm now entitled to do anything with nothing"

granty101

Post by granty101 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:03 pm

I'm looking at taking the running gear/suspension from an old Matchbox Churchill tank kit and mating it to a 'toy' bulldozer, and after a bit of 'cutting and shutting', hopefully it'll be turned into a Stalinetz type artillery tractor...so watch this space!!

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:08 pm

Well this week I`ve built two plastic kits (first time in years) and then painted them - a Dewoitine D-520 for Syria and a Airfix Lee for Tunisia :D

Repainted some 3 x Lledo 1930s US trucks so they are more suitable for SCW or French North Africa :D

Received an order off Raventhorpe which i screwed up :oops: so i now have 30 more WW2 Yanks to paint?? These do however include excellent moving 80mm mortar and .30cal teams and enough engineer types to form another platoon - so no harm done really ;) Today I cleaned and based and undercoated them......... Then I sent Tony a new order hopefully this one will get me the right figures for the job I want to do??
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

UshCha

Post by UshCha » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:01 am

3D Printing, I needed markers for passable by low ground pressure vehicles to super impose on other terrain types like woods to make them impassable to all but low ground pressure vehicles and to put on top of other terrain to make it more in keeping.

Also working out new "interpretatation" i.e as few rules as possible to better model Machine Gun fire. Hopefully using exsisting rules and just "tweaking" the definition.

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:13 am

Next up:

A horse drawn ambulance plus some Germans on horses (a mix of Revell gunners and Britannia) and some mules :D

Mainly28s

Post by Mainly28s » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:26 pm

Move accomplished. We moved on the day after the big snow, and had a fairly traumatic time of it. I won't bore you with the details, but I'm in- now begins the big task of unpacking and deciding what to start with!

Richard B.

Post by Richard B. » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Well done mate - all the best :D