John Dowman RIP

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
Richard B.

John Dowman RIP

Post by Richard B. »

I just read with some shock and disbelief that our good mate and stalwart supporter of the SOTCW John "Mausman" Dowman, on here known as Panzerman47 died suddenly of a heart attack over the weekend. :( :( :( :(

I am lost for words............
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

granty101

Re: John Dowman RIP

Post by granty101 »

Richard B. wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 11:07
I just read with some shock and disbelief that our good mate and stalwart supporter of the SOTCW John "Mausman" Dowman, on here known as Panzerman47 died suddenly of a heart attack over the weekend. :( :( :( :(

I am lost for words............
I'm sitting here looking at your message Richard, and I can't find the words I would like to say...Please pass on my condolences to his family and friends. :(

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!

ianrs54

Post by ianrs54 »

Likewise
Any thing bigger than 6 is TOO BIG

hammurabi70

Post by hammurabi70 »

Very sorry and saddened to learn this. RIP indeed.
If you are such a great writer make me want to logon and respond! [Adapted]

bannockburn bhoy

Post by bannockburn bhoy »

Totally shocked by this news ,I had the privilege to know John for many years . He set an unbelievable and inspirational standard with his Wargaming projects. I was fortunate to purchase some of his kit and it was even better in the flesh..
God bless him and his.

dadlamassu

Post by dadlamassu »

Although I never met him, I am saddened by his passing. He was an inspiration. I also feel for those close to him, family and friends, as the sudden loss must be devastating.

Please pass on my deepest condolences to the family and friends for their loss my thoughts are with you.

Russell Phillips

Post by Russell Phillips »

I never met him, but I'm shocked and saddened to hear this. My condolences to his family and friends :(
Russell Phillips
Shilka Publishing

David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

Although I followed his posts on various forums over the years with much interest, I only conversed with him a few times via email and PM. A very kind and generous man, he will be sorely missed. My deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

David

CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Thank you for posting Richard,
and posthumous thanks to panzerman47 (as I knew him) for his many posts and advice and the pleasure of his posts on his model and artwork.
Sad news, reminding us all about the fragility of life.
May his family find peace in their best memories of John Dowman.
RIP
CarlL