Blasts from the distant past

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
Richard B.

Blasts from the distant past

Post by Richard B. » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:24 pm

As you know I am slowly 10kgs at a time moving my hobby to its final resting place in Spain, we popped out again for 6 days over this half term and as part of my load, I emptied one box-file of magazines. When i unloaded at the other end these appeared, i thought they might prove amusing to members -

"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908

CarlL

Re: Blasts from the distant past

Post by CarlL » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:42 am

A bit of gaming and Sotcw history!

I bet the articles are still worth a read too. (I am a late arriver so missed these).

Now there is a project - to digitally load up all the old ones and sell the dvd / cd / digital download for pther Sotcw projects ... or simply help the Journal keep alive as an "irregular" which is a fiiting Sotcw notion in the age of the small wars as proxy world wars. (Society of Ancients successfuly did this.)

My simple mind suggests a scanner, an editorial soft ware like Adobe Photoshop, and a pdf converter and a lot of time needed!

Of course it could be a shared project with owners of old copies doing their own copying and sharing to a wider editorial effort......

CarlL

cartfc

Post by cartfc » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:57 am

Indeed it sounds a great idea. We should try and preserve it all.

Cheers Fred.

granty101

Post by granty101 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:54 pm

CarlL wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:42 am

My simple mind suggests a scanner
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.....you do have some lucid moments of clarity then!!! :lol:

Seriously Carl, good idea ;)

Grant
Vot is your Name? Don't tell him Pike!!!