National Army Museum Free Friday Talks

Discuss the society, wargaming, and other topics of interest
freewargamesrules

National Army Museum Free Friday Talks

Post by freewargamesrules » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:44 pm

I have just posted an article to the news page of the Society website about free talks the N.A.M. is doing. (I fear the information arrived too late for the next Journal).

http://sotcw.co.uk/news
Pete Jones
-----------------
Webmaster
SOTCW 00533

CarlL

Re: National Army Museum Free Friday Talks

Post by CarlL » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:02 pm

Thanks Pete. I have copied and pasted it below to share on Forum.

"The National Army Museum...Friday Insights.
Rob Morgan writes: "The National Army Museum's calendar of events for the late Summer and Autumn of 2018 has just arrived, and there are plenty of talks and exhibitions worth going along to."

All of their talks are on a Friday night. On August 3rd the evolution of military camouflage is the subject and on the 17th 'Lawrence of Arabia' ( every WWI wargamer's hero). While on the 24th has a talk on the development of British artillery on the Western Front.

With the last August talk, on 31st on the topic of the Special Boat Squadron in WWII ( described the blurb as ' a bunch of renegade cut-throats'), a unit which never comprised more than 200 men.

September has some excellent subjects. On Friday 7th, Warriors of Burma, on 14th `Operation Torch', and on 28th, WWI in East Africa. The Nam has a featured exhibition on 'Special Forces' until 28th October, and regular curated tours.

Keep up to date with events at National Army Museum."