help me find an article please???

Discuss the society magazine The Journal
Richard B.

help me find an article please???

Post by Richard B. »

Alan Hamilton wrote a scenario set in Syria in 1941 about Grubb Pasha and his Transjorden Frontier Force can some kind person point me towards the issue number, because I can`t find it and its driving me mad :oops:

Please help an old man out :roll:
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
CarlL

Re: help me find an article please???

Post by CarlL »

Without a Journal index that's some search! I have my own small collection of old Journals and a crate of older ones from an old friend who passed them.
Hopefully Alan will be able to recall it. Its going to be Monday onwards before I can get time to dig through my lot, sorry.
CarlL
David Reasoner

Post by David Reasoner »

My collection of Journals is fairly limited, and all I've been able to find is an article by Alan in number 66 featuring the Arab Legion (not the TJFF) in Syria. The article is titled "Armed Reconnaissance - Sukhna, Syria 1 July 1941", and begins on page 24. Issue number 68 also has a TO+E for the TJFF during the 1941 Iraqi Revolt, also by Alan. That's all I've found thus far.

David
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Thanks guys gives me a starting point, I`ve read the bloody article but now can`t remember where :?
"“Sir with the compliments of my officer, your shooting was excellent – you killed four of our men”!
Un-named Traillieur to an artillery officer at R`Fakah, Morocco, Feb. 29th, 1908
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

Thanks David those two issues proved to be the exact ones I`d been searching for - thanks :D
CarlL

Post by CarlL »

Nice one David!
Having a decorate the grandsons playroom at my youngest daughters, so my copies not available to me currently!.
I shall look them up to check them out. And probably find they are in copies I do not possess!
CarlL
Richard B.

Post by Richard B. »

CarlL wrote: 22 May 2021, 18:31 Nice one David!
Having a decorate the grandsons playroom at my youngest daughters, so my copies not available to me currently!.
I shall look them up to check them out. And probably find they are in copies I do not possess!
CarlL
I have all the issues I produced as editor in their original Word format, so once David pointed out the issues i was then able to search through the files.

If you don`t have those issues i can probably email them to you. :D